Dreamy Mango Muesli
This muesli is the perfect start to a summers day! The healthy, immune boosting breakfast is not only yummy, but also gives a mega nutrient boost.
Slow releasing energy from the high fibre ingredients keeps hunger satisfied for longer, perfect for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
You can change the seeds, nuts and fruits depending on what you have in stock.
The yoghurt could be switched for a non-dairy alternative, such as coconut yoghurt or you could use oat milk or almond milk instead.
Oat bran is a particularly nutritious oat, low in calories, high in fibre, packed with nutrients and naturally gluten free. You can also switch for rolled oats if that’s what you have available.
Eat your breakfast in the garden or on the balcony for a dose of fresh air and sunshine! Enjoy.
- 30 grams Oat Bran
- 2 Tbsp Full Fat Greek Yoghurt
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- Mixed seed – Flax, Sesame, Hemp, Pumpkin, Sunflower, Chia
- Mixed Nuts – Brazil, Almond, Walnuts, Hazelnuts
- Small handful of Summer Berries – Blueberries, Strawberries, Raspberries
- 1/4 a Mango, diced
- First roughly whiz the seeds and nuts in a blender, till they are well chopped. You’re aiming for around 30 grams (a small handful) of the mix to use for one serving of muesli. I usually whiz at least twice this amount and save the rest for another day.
- In a small bowl, combine well, the oat bran, yoghurt and cinnamon.
- Add 3/4 of the nut mix to the oats.
- Top this with the mixed berries and diced mango
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 nuts and seeds to finish.
Absolutely packed with nutrients, you also benefit from high antioxidant levels from the brightly coloured fruits!
- Kcal – 380
- Protein – 16.2G
- Omega 3 – 2.2g
- Omega 6 – 9.8g
- Iron – 24% RNI
- Vitamin C – 27% RNI
- Vitamin A – 16% RNI
- Folate – 18% RNI
- B1 (Thiamine) – 57% RNI
- B2 (Riboflavin) – 16% RNI
- B3 – (Niacin) – 16% RNI
- B5 – (Pantothenic) – 15% RNI
- B6 – (Pyridoxine) – 25% RNI
- Vitamin E – 25% RNI
- Vitamin K – 33% RNI
- Calcium -13% RNI
- Magnesium – 64% RNI
- Manganese – 178% RNI
- Phosphorous – 70% RNI
- Potassium – 19% RNI
- Selenium – 204% RNI
- Sodium – 5 % RNI
- Zinc – 37% RN
RNI – Recommended Nutritional Intake
- The RNI percentages are rough estimates for the daily intake, so should be used as a guide only. The quality and combination of foods you eat with a meal affect how well absorbed and utilised the nutrients are within your body.